When students search for good physical education thesis topics, they face the problem of proper facts selection. They must be verified, and every sentence must be informative. Besides, a student must follow all recommendations. One of them is a good paper structure.
A thesis structure should be the following:
- Title page
- Chapters (background, literature review, methodology, data analysis, discussion)
One more important feature of a thesis paper is that it must be 100% plagiarism-free. It’s important to avoid using many citations. It’s necessary to analyze facts and reflect them in your paper. It’s also important to remember sources mentioning in the bibliography.
10 Physical Education Facts to Make the Research Hooking
The thesis is an academic paper that requires not only proper knowledge of the subject. It also requires the ability to organize received facts according to the needed format style and, naturally, it must be logical.
- More than 35% of American children from two to nineteen suffer obesity. When such kids grow up, they become many chronic health complications which lead to a lethal end. In the United States, 75% of adults also have extra weight, 41% of which suffer obesity. Physical Activity Guidelines proves that children must have no less than one hour of physical activity daily. That’s why school program provides children with not less than 30-minutes activity. The curriculum follows the national recommendation that is 2 hours 30 minutes in elementary school weekly and 3 hours 45 minutes in middle and high schools.
- Proper physical activity can prevent many diseases including heart diseases, high blood pressure, metabolism disorders, osteoporosis, cancer, and even depression. Lack of exercising can provoke energy imbalance and weight gaining. The statistic shows that approximately 23% of adolescents and adults and 81% of teenagers and schoolchildren lead inactive or sedentary way of life. Adults spend their time working in offices, and children watch much TV or play computer/smartphone games.
- A great number of people confuse physical activity and sport. In fact, physical activity includes all movements produced by the human skeletal muscles including walking, gardening, cleaning, playing, etc. Sport is a professional or amateur performance like races, box, tennis, football, etc. A sports activity requires strict rules and physical activity doesn’t need them.
- People above 65 must be active and need to be active nearly 150 minutes per week. Those who can’t be active because of poor health condition must move as much as possible. If a person can’t run, he/she must, at least, walk and not spend much time lying or sitting. In case a person can’t walk, it’s necessary to find the activity that can fit the person. Individuals who move with the help of the invalid chair can do specific exercises to improve the functioning of the upper part of the body.
- The researchers have found out that only 21,6% of American teens aged six to nineteen lead active ways of life. It means that they spend more than 60 minutes on sport or vigorous physical activity. The statistic includes data based on children’s daily schedule on working days (Monday – Friday) and doesn’t contain information about their weekends.
- Muscle strengthening exercises became very popular among high-school students in 2015. Nearly 54% of all adolescents went in for weightlifting, push-up, street workout, and other types of exercising three days a week.
- Experts suggest 30-minutes aerobic activity per day for expectant mothers and during lactation. Such physical activity helps control weight and isn’t risky. One more strong scientific evidence is that pregnant women can avoid various complications like high blood pressure (preeclampsia) and gestational ( inside the womb) diabetes. Physical activity doesn’t affect the amount of breast milk and its quality.
- People with physical disabilities should have 150 or 75 minutes of moderate-intensity activity every week. That’s 10-25 minutes of physical activity daily. Experts recommend going in for aerobics and muscle-strengthening activities. Those who cannot cope with such load should just avoid passive ways of living and engage in activity regarding their physical abilities.
- Experts differentiate between 4 types of physical activity:
- Passive or inactive;
- Low activity (less than required);
- Medium activity (more than required – up to 4,5 hours a week);
- High activity (more than 5 hours a week).
- Proper exercising reduces the risk of death at the age considered to be less than average one for a specific population group. The scientific researchers together with health providers proved that people who are active 560 minutes a week (7 hours) have 40% fewer cases of cardiovascular diseases and cancer than those who are active half an hour weekly.
Be sure that you know all the requirements! In case you lack formatting knowledge, you’ll lose points, and even high-quality thesis data won’t save the situation. Moreover, when choosing the topics for college papers, make sure you are interested in them so you are to investigate the issue to the fullest.
Still struggle to write a perfect paper? Leave it to professionals!
- Butt J, Weinberg RS, Breckon JD, Claytor RP. Adolescent physical activity participation and motivational determinants across gender, age, and race. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2011;8:1074–1083 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22039125
- Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative. The National Survey of Children’s Health. 2007 http://childhealthdata.org/learn/NSCH.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. https://health.gov/PAguidelines/pdf/paguide.pdf