Law essay assignments usually concern the discussion of the people rights and justice system. To write a successful law essay you will need to apply a lot of theory and knowledge. You cannot discuss law without knowing actual rules and regulations. Sometimes you can debate one or another issue, express your point of view, but in most cases in order to write a good argumentation you will need to have specific evidences. Sometimes your essay task will be to research some topic. For this purposes you can do two types of research: quantitative research, which relies numerical data, and qualitative research, which relies on field observations.
Quantitative research in the law essay :
- Data collected during laboratory experiments or other controlled conditions, or through surveys, questionnaires, and the like.
- Data measured and analyzed to discover nonrandom relationships among variables.
A legal study of the reformation of ethical law practices. Is there a cause-and-effect relationship between increases in welfare benefits and occurrence of criminal offenders on the street?
- Researcher is careful not to interfere in ways that might bias results (non-participative).
Sample experiment: Researchers record number of times first-grade teachers call on male students and number of times they call on female students to identify potential patterns of sexual discrimination in elementary school classrooms.
Qualitative research in law essay :
- Personal observations of behavior recorded in the field, in the research subject’s natural environment or social context.
- Analysis and interpretation of recorded observations, inferring your significance to answer essay questions about human behavior.
- Interaction with research subjects during field observations (participative).
Sample experiment: Examine strengths and weakness of the jury system. Identify how a jury functions during a trial and possible group theory phenomena that may affect jury verdicts.
The teacher can also ask you to discuss and analyze the law case study that will contain the crime scene and the investigation that has been conducted. This type of law essay focuses on a particular case, one individual or group observed over a specific period of time. When you are writing your law essay, be aware that the findings or conclusions in one case study should not be generalized to populations outside the study, although a series of case studies may be compared or contrasted to help identify trends, patterns of behavior, and so forth.
Use logic and knowledge in order to complete your law essay successfully. Study your topic precisely and use specific writing techniques. It will help you do good in your law classes.