The economics is the science of finances and growth of the world’s prosperity. The main goal of economics dissertations is to notice the consequences and the tendencies of various economics events that are constantly taking place. There are both micro and macroeconomic events, and all of them have various impact on the growth of prosperity of all countries.
The students who are supposed to write a dissertation in economics have got a vast field of opportunities to explore, and there are thesis topics for economics which are worthy of investigation. Some students prefer to explore the existing tendencies in the world, while others are interested in a practical part and the development of new business technologies, plans, and models. Here you will find the list of economics dissertation topics that are applicable for 2018. Make sure to support them with strong facts though.
20 Topics for Effective Economics Dissertations
- Is the Worldwide Internet Affecting the Local Proximity and Contributing the Growth of Economic Level
- The Creation of Effective Business Incubators to Increase the Productivity of IT Sphere in Third-World Countries
- The Reasons for Regional Divergence in the Selected Countries and the Comparison between Poor and Well-Developed Regions
- The Calculation of Brexit with Potential Losses for European Union within Ten-Year Period
- The Perspectives of Installation Large Business Conglomerates in Small Countries to Generate Extra Work Places
- The Utilization of Farming Economics-Implication into Public Institutions Sector as Means of Economic Development in Agrarian Countries
- Illegal-Mining Installments and Their Harm for the Development of the Selected Country’s Economic Level
- The National Financial Subsidies for Developing Businesses as Effective Means of Increasing an Overall Financial Rate of the Country
- The Behavioral Analysis of Buying Capability among the Consumers of the G6 Countries and Countries of the Third World
- Nonstandard Economical Approaches That Were Brought by Emigrants to the US and Their Contribution to Economic Prosperity
- Critical Analysis of Enterprise Activity within Rural and Urban Areas of Asian Countries
- The Direct Correlation between Economic Convergence and the Salary Levels in the United States
- Basic Pricing Models from the Point of View of the Investors and How They Impact the Economic Growth of the Country
- The Analysis of Current Family Businesses State and the Impact of Large Holdings on the Small Business Sector
- The Modern Job Market Analysis within the Period of 20 Years – the Most Applicable Professions of Nowadays
- The Unemployment Level in the United States and the Means of Effective Regulation
- Correlation between the Economic Systems of the World and Their Impact on Each Other
- The Dependence of Industrial Region of the Selected Country on the Amount of Average Regional Salary
- The Evolution of the World’s Consumption Policy – the Changes That Took Place During the Last Decade
- The Shocking Therapy – the Potential Application for the Development of the Economics in the Countries of the Third World
Sample Essay: The Impact of Samurai Style Corporate Model on Japanese Economics
The usage of national traditions and peculiarities of working power may serve as one of the characteristic features of the Japanese model of economic development. For a long time, in Japan, a long-life recruitment was propagandized. Huge corporations, which are able to build a career-oriented pyramid and guarantee the employment, have more possibilities to fulfill this principle, unlike small and medium companies. It’s evident that neither companies nor the legislation have the distinct rules requiring the demand for all lifelong. However, both employees and administration consider continuing work as a part of the collective employment agreement.
The government in an effort to support the employment with the help of a subsidiary system also means the principle of working for many years at one company. So comparing to other countries, the problem is in the longer recruitment. In 1981, the part of retired workers was 16%. It means that for 3 years half of all the workers were retired. Mainly, these were young people. Unchanging workers compile 20-30% of workers.
Employment period influences the level of the salary. It grows the fastest in average age. Various additional payments are added to the base rate.
Working relations are built on the philosophy – “the company is our home”. The usage of men power is mainly based on the concept of “human potential”. On the cusp of the 60s and 70s, many Japanese companies made a conclusion that the worker receives more pleasure from the working process when it is characterized by the diversity. Then they refused using conveyor lines at assembly operations to the benefit of rotatory tables where one person collected the whole bloc. This way, the worker may determine the specifics, schedule, elements of quality control, expenses, safety, etc. As a result of the enforcement of technological operations, the flaw lowered from 6% to 0.3%, workforce productivity raised by 20%, and prime cost lowered by 30%.
The core of organization and governing are small self-governing groups. They embrace the entire company in the vertical and horizontal direction. Each group is placed into such conditions that constantly stimulate reaching to perfection and searching for the most effective means of the equipment utilization. The working group participates in making decisions regarding the further development and issues which can affect the group.
The position of a female labor force is on a totally different level. Most of the companies accept female workers only as hour or daily workers. They are the first candidates for firing if it is necessary for the company. The Japanese mentality considers women the housewives, and when they are fired, it doesn’t influence the level of unemployment, so the official national level of employed population is constantly at the highest level in the world. Moreover, the salary level of females is twice as lower than that of males for the same type of a job.
A long-term working day is a characteristic trait of Japan. The men in Japan work 10 hours more per week than average men in Europe and the USA. People show such desire to work due to special bonus systems and overtime that are serving as a serious extra salary. It increases the overall productivity of workers to a greater extent. The best thing about Japanese work system is a low difference level between low and top-rank workers where we can observe 10 times difference, while in the US, this salary difference is over 100 times.
To conclude everything, the Japanese labor model seems extremely effective, but it was based on the historical background and can be applied for people with the same mentality, and only then, it will work the way it should.
- Jessica R. Nicholson. Recent Economic Trends in Manufacturing. U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration Office of the Chief Economist. http://www.esa.doc.gov/sites/default/files/recent-trends-in-manufacturing_0.pdf
- The Report of United Nations. World Economic Situation and Prospects 2018. https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/publication/WESP2018_Full_Web-1.pdf
- Ana Rute Cardoso Institute for Economic Analysis (CSIC) and IZA Paulo Guimarães University of South Carolina and IZA. Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective. http://ftp.iza.org/dp4785.pdf
- Hiten Amin Reports – Tokyo, Japan. Traditional Employment Practices in Japan. http://www.disc.co.jp/en/resource/pdf/TraditionalEmployment.pdf
- Web Japan. Japan Employment Fact Sheet. http://web-japan.org/factsheet/en/pdf/e39_employment.pdf