The civilization is a product of the human activity. It grants the birth to various products of culture and a wide spectrum of phenomena which depict the state of society in various periods of time. The purpose of a culture research paper is to present an analysis of some cultural element and expose it to the public.
The student is capable of conducting a deeper insight into some particular cultural element and either describe it or provide an investigation to detect some peculiarities or attract some public attention to the studied case. Here you will find ten interesting facts about the culture based on which you will be capable of organizing the material for the research paper on the culture of any type including arts and pop culture essay topics.
The Facts about Culture that Will Help to Add Some Catchy Information
- Culture is everywhere. This is the most fundamental fact about the culture of humanity. It is described in the definition of the term. The products of culture are the results of mutual work between all people in the world. Basically, this fact makes it easy to select the most appropriate topic for writing as any piece of literature, architecture, art, society is the product of culture. The scientist can analyze either past or add a deeper insight into the modern phenomenon.
- Culture is social. Culture is not created by a single person only. It is a product of the activity of numerous representatives of mankind within a particular period of time. Interassociation between numerous people would be a decent addition to the research paper. It is advisable to select several representatives within a single time lap so that it was possible to define characteristic peculiarities of the studied topic.
- Culture is shared. Culture is the entity that is shared between the society. Some writers can concentrate upon some mutual events within a single area like some sort of traditions or beliefs. The comparison with other traditions from a different area would be also a fine idea for investigation writing. The detection of some mutual and opposing features will be quite interesting to read about.
- Culture is historically transmitted. The history of culture is among the most studied aspects of the science. The history of humanity is comprised of numerous events, and they gave birth to a variety of cultural achievements. It is consistently passed from one generation to another while adding some totally new elements to known culture creations.
- Culture is an everlasting process. The most interesting fact about the culture is that it is constantly developing at the changeable speed. That is why it would be advisable to study the culture in progress. The growth of culture should be studied together with all background data, and all of them should be presented in the text for a more fundamental research.
- Culture is life-implemented. Culture does not exist aside from the humanity. That is why you should add a fact with its impact on the society. Besides this, the culture can be studied together by means of other sciences as together the result will be more productive and reliable.
- Culture is flexible. Culture is not a rigid entity. It is constantly changing under the influence of some side catalyzers. Adding information about some crucial events to the text can improve the quality of the culture research paper. You can also compare the studied object before or after some turning points.
- Culture is the response to outer factors. We can consider culture the soul of the society. It is the emotions that react to the things that are taking place among humans. While working on some topic, think what gave birth to the origin of the cultural phenomenon and what contributed to its being what it is now.
- Culture is in the language. You can better understand a culture of other people when you start learning the language/-es they speak. Many interesting, sometimes, shocking cultural things are entwined in the language. Moreover, learning foreign languages helps get rid of cultural chinches imposed on us by TV and social media.
- Ancient culture – the mother of all the modern cultures. Most traditions, rituals, tendencies in various spheres of the modern life have already existed. Scientists discovered dozens of ancient civilizations who used most of the modern trends and even inventions. We should think that all that we’ve invented is original. In most cases, it is the second life of things that were habitual thousands of years ago.
Accept the fact that culture is our greatest richness, and all of us contribute to the creation of the culture the way it is. There are endless opportunities for studying the culture, and all of them have something fascinating to offer to the public. All the information that will be presented in the culture investigation will certainly be fascinating and attractive for every reader who is interested in social events.
- Schwartz, T. (1981). The acquisition of culture. Ethos, 9, 4-17. https://anthrosource.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1525/eth.1981.9.1.02a00020
- Global Culture/Individual Identity: Searching for Home in the Cultural Supermarket. Gordon Mathews. New York: Routledge, 2000. 228 pp. https://books.google.com.ua/books?id=ros1GR2ykH8C&printsec=frontcover&hl=uk&source=gbs_ViewAPI&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Spencer-Oatey, H. (2012) What is culture? A compilation of quotations. GlobalPAD Core Concepts. https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/globalpad/openhouse/interculturalskills/global_pad_-_what_is_culture.pdf
- Triandis, H. C. (1994) Culture and Social Behavior. New York: McGraw Hill http://eyewitness.utep.edu/3331/Lonner&Malpass1994%20Chap%2024.pdf
- Levin, Ilya. (2014). CULTURAL TRENDS IN A DIGITAL SOCIETY. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ilya_Levin/publication/262414154_CULTURAL_TRENDS_IN_A_DIGITAL_SOCIETY/links/00463537a50e2527ae000000/CULTURAL-TRENDS-IN-A-DIGITAL-SOCIETY.pdf?origin=publication_detail