A 5-paragraph essay is a prose composition that follows a prescribed pattern which must be used while writing. This prescribed format is the one that dictates the writer to put his or her words into 5 exact paragraphs consisting of an introductory paragraph, three separate paragraphs for the essay’s body and the concluding paragraph. The 5-paragraph essay is predominantly used in schools to test students on their ability to articulate their understanding of a subject matter using written form. So here are some tips on how to write a 5-paragraph essay that will get you the marks you deserve.
The Introductory Paragraph
An excellent introductory paragraph is one that states your thesis and introduces the reader to what you plan to accomplish—make an argument, or explain a concept—throughout the entire length of your essay. Taking ‘the benefits of outsourcing and global remote employment’ as a sample subject, the introductory paragraph should clearly state that you believe outsourcing is helpful for global employment and you intention to prove this belief to the reader….
In order to accurately provide the facts that you can use in developing today’s topic, it is important that a brief discussion of two concepts included in the topic heading should be had. The two concepts—5-paragraph essays and outsourcing—are novel concepts to most students who are used to writing simple composition essays and anyone who has not yet entered the crowded job market.
5-paragraph essays are prose compositions that follow the prescribed format consisting of an introductory paragraph, three body paragraphs and a concluding paragraph. Using this particular format, body paragraphs are written in such a way that the first sentence states a fact or introduces an idea while the preceding sentences provide more information about the introductory sentence. Outsourcing is slowly but surely becoming the working process with a global appeal. It can be described as the global practice of obtaining goods or services from an outside supplier.
We would like you to also note that this article is the first in a series consisting of three articles written to provide you with directions on how to write on outsourcing and global remote employment. So please ensure that you check the other article that provides 20 5-paragraph essay topics on outsourcing and global remote employment.
10 facts on outsourcing and global remote employment:…
The conclusion is often one of the more challenging aspects to illustrate for any academic paper, including one on the culture of poverty. The body is often the easiest part to complete but it must be framed with the conclusion and the introduction in order to bridge the ideas for the reader. Just the same way as an introduction functions as the bridge to transport the reader from their lives into the analysis, your conclusion has to be a bridge to help the readers transition themselves back from your analysis into their daily lives. This type of confusion will help readers to see why the analysis and information you have included should matter to them after they have finished reading the paper.
Your conclusion for a paper on the culture of poverty affords you the opportunity to have the final say on your subject. The conclusion lets you cover the issues you raised, synthesize your thoughts, and demonstrate the importance of the ideas that you presented. It is also a final opportunity for you to make a good impression with your readers….
If you are in need of some facts to include in your next five paragraph essay on the theory of the culture of poverty, then consider the list of facts below. These are a diverse representation of many aspects of the concept, covering not only information about the author and initial public reception, but the academic criticism it has received since its introduction, its historical influence in political legislation, and its modern revival among welfare reforms. These facts should help you to substantiate your claims in the body paragraphs of your next work:…
If you have to write a five paragraph essay on Worker’s Remittances you will no doubt need some facts. If you want some interesting facts for your next paper, consider the list of ten below:…
If you need to write about American Culture for your 5-paragraph essay, consider the 20 essay topics below:
- What Are the Reasons of Culture Changes?
- Why Didn’t the “Great American Melting Pot” Boil Culture Down into a Single Homogenous Entity?
- The Changes That Were Reflected in American Art, Music, Literature
- “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” as a Reflection of Slavery
- How Influential Literary Works Massively Impact Society and Culture
- What Forces or Tensions Exert Pressure on American Culture to Change?
- What Particular Features of the Past Precedents Show the Changes in American Culture?
- American Culture: Shaped by Many “Tensions” of “Foreign” Ideals, Massive Amounts of Immigration and “Native” Originality
- How Is Counterculture Distinguished by Its Emphasis on Social Change and Experimentation and by Its General Rejection of the Ideals Upheld by Post-World War II Generation?
- How the Beat Generation Played a Part in Other Social and Cultural Movements
- Multiple History Effects on Art, Music, and Literature and Vice Versa
- “Kinder and Gentler” America Reflection in the Music of Tin Pan Alley
- Rock and Roll as a Result of Changes in Society
- How Many Cultural Events Are Directly Related to Historical Happenings?
- Is It Impossible for a Cultural Event to Transpire without the Shift in Social Norms and Ideals?
- Rock and Roll Music: the Combination of Jazz, Rhythm and Blues, Gospel, Country and Western
- Jazz Music: a Harmony of “Socially Elite” Piano and “Poor” Brass Instruments
- Who Do Some Works of Art Can Easily Fall Under Several Genres?
- The Evolution of Film Genres in the U.S.A
- The Reflection of the Beat Generation in Literature, Art and Music
A five paragraph essay is a standard essay which, once learned, serves as the foundation for all other forms of writing. This format is important to learn because it will help to structure nearly all academic writing assignments going forward.
To begin a five paragraph essay, you need a topic. In some cases, your teacher will give you one, in others they may allow you some leeway in the selection of your topic. With the topic in hand, you need to formulate a thesis statement. The thesis functions as a single statement which presents the purpose of your paper. It should be the first or last sentence in your introductory paragraph which is where you will introduce the points you are going to make in support of your thesis. There are three body paragraphs inside of which you can present three key components to support your thesis. If, for example, you are claiming that American culture has changes a lot, you must present three key findings each in a separate paragraph to support that idea. You might explain it on the example of music in the first paragraph, art in the second paragraph, and cinematography the third paragraph. The conclusion is the fifth and final paragraph where you remind the reader of the three points you made and what evidence you had to back them up….