An essay is merely a write up that aims at discussing shortly, a chosen topic. This discussion can appear in the form of an analysis or a description of events, features, etc., and can take any varied size in length. The term “critical” captures the element of one’s attitude towards a particular topic. It also signifies the approach one adopts to writing, a view that seems to weigh factors that are going to shape the final results of the write-up. In this regard we can say that a critical essay aims to assess the strengths and weaknesses of another authors article or book, taking into account the methods that were employed to deliver the essential themes.
Critical essays usually take the following general format:
- It begins with the introduction. In this section, the critical essay must state its purpose. In many occasions, a simple thesis statement achieves stating the purpose. The most important thing in writing useful thesis statements is to include some supporting ideas in your critical writing essay.
- The next step in your critical writing project is to flesh out the body of the essay. The best way to approach the completion of this part is to critically analyze and defend supporting ideas to your opinions about the essay. In this regard, contact the body of your critical writing essay as though you are merely listing down a string of supporting ideas that others have put forward and which you are commenting on as a critic.
- Listing out supporting ideas in your critical essay writing must begin with the most important supporting views, down to the least significant. The main points to note in this regard is that each introduction of a supporting idea in critical writing must have a smooth transition to the topic sentence. Once the topic has been introduced proceed immediately to discuss this supporting idea. Discussion of these ideas is better presented with in-depth analyses that are backed up by appropriate examples that are derived from the text of the paper you are critically writing about.
- Once this is done, the discussing on this supporting idea should be concluded by your opinions as to how it supports your position in this critical essay writing. Begin the next supporting idea in much the same way as you have done the first, starting with a smooth transition. To make your critical writing essay look more professional, do not analyze a lot of supporting ideas. Pick out three to five significant ideas and develop them.
- The last step in the critical essay writing is to formulate a compelling conclusion. As stated above, introduce the conclusion stage with a smooth transition from the conclusion of the previous supporting idea. The best way to make this transition statement distinct is by formulating it in such a way that it attempts to reflect back to the thesis statement in the critical writing essay. Once this is achieved, look at the significant points listed in the essay. Restate them for emphasis.
If you need custom essay writing help from our service, you can enjoy the priorities of CustomWritings.com.