Although most developed countries put considerable effort into battling gender inequality, and humanity managed to achieve remarkable progress in this area over the last century or so, it still remains one of the most problematic issues modern society has to deal with. Unfortunately, most of the aforementioned progress has been only conspicuous in western societies, while in many developing countries there were no noticeable advances for a long time, sometimes for centuries.
Even today, in the 21st century, barbarous practices like forced marriages and female genital mutilation are still rampant in Africa and Middle East, so it is safe to assume that we have a very long way to go towards worldwide gender equality. Therefore, it is no wonder that students are so often assigned to write opinion essays that deal with this topic.
Gender equality and inequality is an incredibly broadly defined area of research. If you put a little bit of thought into it you can come up with any number of fascinating, creative and original topics for your opinion essay. Here you can see a few examples:
- Does Gender Inequality Still Exist in the American Workplace?
- Gender Equality in Western Society: Achievements and Prospects
- Does Gender Help or Hinder Women in the Workplace?
- Main Obstacles for Achieving Workplace Gender Equality in Modern Society
- Roots of Gender Inequality and Their Expression in Today’s Society
- The United States and Gender Equality: Where Do We Stand?
- Gender Equality in Science
- State Enforcement of Gender Equality Laws: Is It Really Effective?
- Gender Equality and Gender-Blindness: Differences and Common Features
- Gender Equality: Are Women Still Being Held Back by Stereotypes?
- Gender Disparity in Education and Workplace: Results and Future Goals
- The Role of Gender Equality in Upbringing of Children
- Is True Gender Equality Achievable?
- Gender Equality and Peace: Are They Connected?
- Gender Equality and its Role in Economic Development
- Gender Equality and Family Division of Labor
- Gender Equality in Politics: What Does It Mean?
- What Does Gender Inequality Cost Us Economically?
- Gender Disparity in the World of Science: Why It Exists
- Gender Inequality in the Modern Family
Nice topics, aren’t they? And the best part of it is that you don’t have to do any prolonged and tiresome research to come up with a similar idea on your own. Gender equality or inequality is a kind of topic that, to some extent, encompasses the entirety of human experience. You may take a look at virtually any part of your life and be sure to find some food for thought that, after proper consideration, can be turned into a top-notch topic pertaining to this broad issue.
Your essay may take an economic, sociological, psychological, ethnographical, historical or, in fact, any other turn – you just have to use a little bit of imagination and creativity in defining your approach. After all, with this area of study being that popular, you are sure to find data for your research no matter what you choose.