When you’re a single mom, shopping hits you differently. You rarely manage to buy exactly what you want at the moment you want it. I am on the lookout for different promotions and collect discount coupons all the time. That’s why if you need Black Friday tips, you won’t find a better person to give advice than me, as I’m an ace in this matter.
Since the traditional rush of holiday sales has already begun, I decided to write this blog post and share with you all the tricks I use every year. If you want to make the most of this Black Friday and not be left broke, read on!
Tips for Black Friday: Do Essential Pre-Black Friday Research
Before diving into the Black Friday shopping frenzy, doing some research is key to making smart purchases and saving hard-earned bucks. Here are some simple steps to get you ready:
- Make a list. Start by listing the things you really need or want to buy. This helps you focus and prevents impulse buying.
- Check prices. Look around online or in-store to see the usual prices of the items on your list. This way, you’ll know if the Black Friday deals are genuinely good or just hyped up.
- Sign up for alerts. Subscribe to newsletters or follow your favorite stores on social media. Many shops release exclusive deals or early access notifications to subscribers.
- Compare deals. Don’t settle for the first deal you see. Compare prices from different retailers to find the best discounts.
- Look for coupons. Collect any additional coupons or promo codes available. These can sometimes stack up with Black Friday deals for extra savings.
- Check return policies. Find out the store’s return policies for Black Friday purchases. It’s good to know, just in case you need to return something later.
By doing this pre-Black Friday research, you’ll be better prepared to snag the best discounts without overspending or getting caught up in the excitement of the moment.
Strategic Shopping Time Planning
Once you’ve done the necessary research, don’t assume you’re fully ready for a sale. No, you still need to plan your time for shopping. Trust me, it will save you from a lot of stress. Try to use these Black Friday tips:
- Set a schedule. Decide when you’ll start shopping and at which stores or websites. Some deals might start earlier, so plan accordingly.
- Prioritize must-haves. Focus on getting the items that matter most to you first. Start with high-priority goods on your list to avoid missing out.
- Create a route. If you plan to shop in stores, map out your route. Knowing which stores to visit and in what order can save time and reduce stress.
- Be early or go late. Beat the rush by arriving early at physical stores or shopping late at night online when fewer people are purchasing.
- Take breaks. Shopping can be exhausting, so take breaks between stores or online sessions. Give yourself time to rest and recharge.
- Stay organized. Keep your list handy and stay focused. It’s easy to get distracted by flashy Black Friday deals, so stick to your plan.
Black Friday Tips for Smart Price Comparison Techniques
The next level of preparation for a big sale is price comparison. After all, you can’t help but agree that prices differ from seller to seller. That’s why you need to use my Black Friday tips to compare prices as efficiently as possible.
- Do some online research. Google to look up the items you want to buy. Check at least a few websites to compare prices and see if any stores offer discounts or free shipping.
- Use mobile apps. Download shopping apps or use price comparison apps. These handy tools let you scan barcodes or search for products to compare prices for different retailers right on the spot.
- Sign up for price alerts. Some websites and apps allow you to set price alarms for the specific goods that you’re interested in. You will get notifications when the prices drop. Thus, you’ll time your purchase perfectly. This is one of my favorite shopping tips.
- Check reviews and ratings. Do not just focus on the price. Look at customer reviews and ratings to make sure that you’re buying from a reliable seller offering quality goods.
- Use price-match guarantees. Some stores offer price-match guarantees. This means they’ll match the lower price if you find the item for less elsewhere. You should definitely keep this in mind while comparing deals.
The best tools for price comparison you could ever imagine
Speaking about price comparisons, I can’t help but mention the best apps for this task. So, guys, here’s the list of my absolute favorites.
- Google Shopping. This is one of the shopping apps I love to use the most. Here, you can not just compare prices for the goods but also place orders, make returns, and even use Google Assistant to make the purchase for you.
- PriceGrabber. With this powerful app, you can easily find the best deals, compare prices, and save money. What I particularly like about this tool is its intuitive interface.
- PayPal Honey. This app is just what the doctor ordered for Black Friday deals. PayPal Honey is a Chrome browser extension that automatically scans discount codes and applies them at checkout, giving you the best price possible.
- CamelCamelCamel. If you’re a fan of Amazon, you can’t be a stranger to this super useful price comparison site. It is available in eight countries and five languages. What can I say? It’s an absolutely must-have tool for shopping on Amazon on Black Friday.
|HANDPICKED RELATED CONTENT:
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Marketing Strategies: Marketing Perspective
Black Friday Deals for College Students 2023: Mind-Blowing Offers Especially for You
Black Friday Tips for Maximizing Savings with Cashbacks and Coupons
The next hard-core piece of advice to save the most money on Black Friday shopping is to use cashback and coupons! That’s right, don’t undervalue their benefits; trust a single mom who knows how to save a few bucks whenever she pays for something.
Creating an effective wishlist for purchases with cashback
If you’re drop-dead serious about getting a good deal on your purchase, be serious about your shopping wishlist creation. First off, search for websites with cashback offers for the items in it. Now, keep your cool, and don’t get too excited. Compare the cash refund rates they offer. Different sites may offer different rates. Check them out to find the best rebate percentage for your purchases and get a good deal. One more thing you can do differently. You don’t necessarily have to look only for websites with cashback offers. You can go to the pages of your favorite stores and choose products they sell with a cash refund.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BLACK FRIDAY! Don’t lose your head and start buying things you don’t need just because retailers offer rebates with them.
Avoiding overspending on Black Friday with coupons
So, the good old coupons. Another must-have tool for saving money. Although you may think that everything is super easy with them, I want to say that there are a few things to keep in mind with coupons. Many stores offer coupons and promo codes for Black Friday, so don’t miss your chance to grab them for yourself. They are usually offered well in advance. And remember, on such a big sale as Black Friday, just about every store, from the biggest to the smallest, wants you to buy something from them. So, the Black Friday tips from the pro: Use coupon codes only for the goods you were planning to purchase so you don’t end up broke after Black Friday deals.
Understanding Doorbusters and Return Policies
And finally, super cool doorbusters. For those who don’t know what they are, these are special huge discounts offered by retailers during Black Friday. Most often, they are limited, and you can get them at the beginning of the sale day. Their goal is to draw customers’ attention and make them come to the store or website earlier. Although shops try to sell as many products as possible this way, you can benefit from it, too. Maybe it’s the best time to go Black Friday shopping.
Top Black Friday tips for getting the best doorbuster deals:
- The earlier you arrive, the more likely you are to get these offers.
- Plan in advance which doorbusters you are going to get.
- Be prepared to move as fast as you can and fight for your purchase.
I’m not kidding. These discounts attract lots of customers who will never miss their opportunity to save some cash and go home with what they snagged.
Black Friday tips for hassle-free returns you should know
As they say, bad things happen. Even if you did everything right, a purchase may not always go as planned. If you notice any defects and want to return your order, you should know the following:
- Read the return policy. Before making a purchase, read the return policies carefully. Make sure you understand their terms and conditions clearly, especially any time limits for returns and requirements for the goods’ condition.
- Save receipts and packaging. Be sure to store the receipts and packaging of the goods. Most stores will not accept your order without the original box and receipts.
- Act quickly. If you need to return something, do so as soon as you notice a defect. Waiting too long can cost you damaged goods and your mood.
- Know your return options. Find out how the store accepts returns: in-store or by mail.
- What are the best strategies for Black Friday shopping?
The best strategies for thrifty Black Friday shopping are planning ahead, using loyalty programs to get exclusive discounts, comparing prices, being aware of time zone differences to catch early deals, and having a well-structured shopping plan.
- How can I effectively compare prices for Black Friday deals?
To effectively compare prices for Black Friday deals, you can use price comparison websites and mobile apps, check out different stores, subscribe to their newsletters, and try out browser extensions that automatically compare prices for you.
- What are the benefits of using cashback and coupon codes on Black Friday?
The benefits of using cashback and coupons on Black Friday are saving money, getting additional discounts or rewards on purchases, maximizing savings, and potentially getting money back on purchases.
There are many pros and cons of Black Friday sales. Some believe that Black Friday is just a marketing ploy to sell more, while many believe this is a great chance to buy the goods you need at a lower price. I personally belong to the second camp. I hope my Black Friday shopping tips will be useful to you. Have a nice shopping experience, everyone!