As opposite to simple guides explaining you what an annotated bibliography in MLA format is, actual examples are a lot better because they show exactly how the formatting should look like. Many students prefer to learn from examples rather than receive theory books and study the rules mechanically. Worked-examples are meant to support the preliminary use of one’s cognitive skills by introducing a problem with step by step guides to a final solution.
That being said, students may already know that an annotated bibliography is a thorough list of citations to all kinds of books, documents and articles. Each and every single citation comes with an introductory paragraph of the source cited, which is no longer than 150 words. Here are some basic examples of annotated bibliography in MLA format. These should help you master annotations a lot better….
Many students are terrified of APA formatting. Citing sources in this style can be rather challenging for the average college student. Whether we like it or not, we must admit that the guidelines and rules provided by the American Psychological Association may seem confusing. However, if you want your paper to have any value and appear professional and well-crafted in the eyes of your professors, you have no other option than to make it work. A good-quality thesis, essay or dissertation should feature trustworthy sources at the end. However, these sources must be properly laid out for your paper to avoid plagiarism accusations and get a good grade. Here are 8 easy APA format steps to help you write a paper in the APA style….
If you are tasked with writing a reaction paper on social stratification, there are 7 points to keep in mind. Following all seven will ensure you can complete the task with relative ease.
Narrowing the Goal
The structure you use for a reaction paper on social stratification is really based first and foremost on the type of writing you are doing. You want to be on the lookout for what type of work required of you. You might be required to do a more creative piece, or you might be required to craft something more research based. In any case, the purpose or intent to your work will influence the structure you use….
If you are tasked with writing a reaction paper on social stratification, your first step is to select the most appropriate topic, one which has been narrowed down enough to fill the page requirements you have ahead of you. But this is not always easy. There are many topics out there from which to choose and which can make it difficult. Thankfully, you can get a little break by reading the 20 topics on social stratification for a reaction paper listed below. You might even find that one of them is perfect for your reaction paper:…
If you are writing a reaction paper on the topic of social stratification, consider the facts listed below:…
When you are tasked with making a strong argument in a cause and effect essay on pork in the Middle East, are a few key components that you need to follow.
Your introduction is where you present the strong argument you plan to make in your cause and effect essay on pork in the Middle East with the thesis statement.
- The first key component you should follow when crafting a thesis statement for a cause and effect essay is to understand the purpose of the cause and effect assignment. In most cases here your goal is to present either the cause of something or the effect that something has but not necessarily both. Only in rare instances will your teacher ask you to supply both the cause of something and the effects it had.
- The second thing you should follow when making a strong argument in a cause and effect essay on pork in the Middle East is that the thesis statement functions in exactly the same way here as it would in any other writing assignment. For this particular task the goal of your thesis statement is present to your reader. The key subject you’re going to cover in such a way that it requires only one sentence. Your goal is to explain to the reader not just the background for your topic but why your topic is relevant, important and what your findings are going to add to it.
Writing a cause and effect essay is a great opportunity to explore both causes and effects of specific things in the world. When writing about pork in the Middle East, it is particularly interesting to explore what caused people historically to avoid eating pork and what causes people today in modern societies to avoid it too. Equally interesting is exploring the impact that abstaining from pork has had on many societies, particularly in terms of their economy and their health care systems. There are many different beliefs pertaining to pork in the Middle East due to the fact that there are so many religions in the same geographic region. What these religions all seem to have in common, however, is the fact that they tend to avoid pork and pork product. In some countries visitors cannot find pork on the menu or in stores while in other countries the other believers will abstain from pork but still sell it to tourists. There are historical reasons why people change from the consumption of pork to the consumption of chickens but the taboo of pork consumption can be traced back to the explosion of certain religions in the Middle East. In any case, below are 20 topics you might use:…
If you are writing a cause and effect essay on pork in the Middle East, consider using these ten facts below:…
When you are writing a research paper on criminal behavior, your ability to state your thesis is an important facet. The thesis is the leading aspect of the paper, what paves the way for the reader and what explains in a single sentence what the purpose of your research paper on criminal behavior is all about.
- One of the best ways that you can prepare for this is to try and explain what it is you want to research in a single sentence. You want to tell your friends or your parents what your paper is going to focus on. If you cannot do it in just one sentence then perhaps you need to redefine your hypothesis. If you are a concrete issue then that should constitute the vast majority of your thesis but if you are covering only the effects of something that, in turn, should constitute the vast majority of your thesis and not the source. If you have to cover both you should still work very hard to make sure it only takes one sentence, even if that sentence is a bit long. Remember that word economical is very important here. Because you only have one sentence in which to present all of your information. The fewer words you use, the better off you will be.
- The final thing you should follow is to always remain flexible. If you are working and the thesis statement you have you find is not supported by the evidence you are researching you might have to change it. There is no shame in this, it happens to almost every student. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to have a flexible idea in mind, a flexible thesis and then at the end of your writing go back and make any necessary changes to the thesis that you might have. This type of flexibility will bode very well for your overall success rates.
If you are tasked with writing a research paper on the field of criminal behavior, there are many areas of study and theories for behavior which you can use as a topic. However, picking criminology research paper topics is still somewhat tricky given the massive amount of data out there. That being said, below is a list of 20 criminology research paper topics which you might find useful when writing your next paper:
- Why the Examination of Criminal Behavior Helps to Handle and Prevent Crimes
- How Criminologists can Reduce Types of Crime with Criminal Behavior
- How Criminologists can Reduce High Levels of Crime Studying Criminal Behavior
- The Validity of the Rational Choice Theory
- Why Rational Choice Theory is Invalid
- The Relationship between Social Disorganization Theory and Social Learning Theory
- How Prison Encourages Social Learning Theory
- The Validity of Social Disorganization Theory
- Why Social Disorganization Theory is Invalid
- The Relationship between Social Control Theory and Social Disorganization Theory
- How Social Control Theory is Influenced by Social Disorganization Theory
- The Validity of Self-Control Theory of Crime
- Why Strain Theory is Invalid
- The Validity of Social Learning Theory
- Why Social Learning Theory is Invalid
- The Scientific Validity of Labeling Theory
- The Influence of Evolutionary Rewards on Violent Crime
- How Mental Illness Encourages Criminal Behavior
- Harmful Brain Chemistry: How the Brain can Increase Crime
- The Biology of Criminal Behavior: Whether or Not it is All in the Genes