Apart from studies, extracurricular activities are an essential part of academics. They help to shape the students up for real life. Activities like debates, quizzes, questionnaires, speeches and essay competitions are a colorful part of academics. Speeches especially pave the way for sequels of many great orators and even leaders. Nevertheless, many great orators cannot take part in such competitions because they are not as good writers as they are speakers.
The following points will help you write a good speech yourself:
- Make sure you understand the topic of the speech thoroughly. It is always a good idea to discuss the problem with someone first, preferably someone who is knowledgeable but is not taking part in the competition himself.
- Make points that you would like to add to your speech. Start by gathering material from books, websites, etc.
- After gathering solid content, go for quotations. Look up the speeches and letters of great people, preferably good orators, e.g., Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln, and Helen Keller, to name a few.
- You can add as many quotations as you want, but keep in mind that the speech is to be based on your own opinion, not others’.
- Write the statement while imagining yourself speaking it.
- Practice in front of the mirror, or if you want to overcome stage shyness, in front of friends during breaks to polish the final thing.
Once the speech is written, try to practice it as much as possible.
After the civil war, the fundamental task of the Central Government was to adopt a proper policy of reconstruction and re-union with a view to strengthening the American Federation. But due to various reasons, the task was a complex one.
The sad assassination of President Lincoln made it amply clear that the fanatics were strongly opposed to a progressive policy. He, indeed, had hated slavery and desired its abolition. But he actually fought for Union and not for the emancipation of the slaves as such. His primary purpose was to protect and preserve the unity of the Federation by thwarting the disintegrating attitude of the South. …
Yet the crisis came up in 1861 when the civil war broke out with a threat to the very existence of the Federation. Of course, a conflict between the north and the South was inevitable and this is a real wonder that how the breakdown could have been avoided for such a long period of time. In fact, ever since the formation of the Union, the units of the North and the South were cross-purposes. Ostensibly, the war centered round the institution of slavery; but, in fact, it was involved with much bigger issues of political and economic affairs as well. There was a strong reason for which the Southern states intended to desert the Union. While the North was highly industrialized, the South depended upon Agriculture and the finished goods from the North. Moreover, the South needed the slaves for agriculture, but the North was in favor of their emancipation. “The cotton-growing South, irritated by the growing threat of Abolitionist Movement, and fearing this predominance in the Congress, began to talk of secession from the union” (Wells). In short, the interests were very much conflicting. Gradually, the idea state-right gained ground and the Southern states began to think that it was useless to remain in the Federation. As their political fear along with the economic grudge mixed up, the existence of the Federation was seriously at stake….
The attempt of the Southern States to secede from the American Federation in 1861, created a dangerous crisis in the history of America. The crisis turned into an internal war and, by the superior military power of the Center, they had to be kept within the Federation as integral part of the country which was, at that time, already moving towards plenty and prosperity. It was a complex process, and the Northern Federal Government really showed some extraordinary skills in order to bring the South back into the political system….
How to write a really good dissertation is the question that has probably been the cause of many sleepless nights for you. Writing a thesis is not difficult at all, as long as you remember some rules and tips that guarantee an excellent dissertation for you.
You may have had awful experiences while writing dissertations, but have you ever noticed why you keep getting only Cs and Ds in your dissertation assignments when the guy sitting next to you gets an A+ every time with half the effort than you?
Most students spend fortnights, even months, racking their brains, and trying to squeeze as much out of it as possible. However, the reason that they get sick grades is not that they do not make an effort, but that they ignore several essential points while writing dissertations. It does not matter how many painful hours you spent in the library or how much research you did while surfing on the net, as long as you forget to think about the crux of the subject….
Writing a thesis is a task that requires a lot of time, diligence, and skill. It cannot be easily done by a person doing part-time job or by students who are taking too many classes at the same time. Anyhow, writing a thesis is something that should not be considered a troublesome thing.
There is no kind of complication at all when you are writing a thesis. You can write a good thesis in no time with just a few instructions. You just have to keep a few points in your mind and you will be able to write a thesis that will outshine all that you have ever seen.
Just keep these instructions in mind and you will be able to say that thesis writing is not that hard after all:
1. Keep the instructions that you have for your thesis in mind. You can get thesis formats, styles, and samples on the internet. Be precise. You should know exactly what you want….
Writing a term paper is something that many students see as a problem nowadays. With the increasing burden of homework and, sometimes, part-time jobs, students can hardly find the time to do such things.
How to write a term paper? This is probably the first question that comes into the minds of students when they are about to write a term paper. In order to write a good term paper, keep in mind that the instructions given by the teacher are your main concern.
Keep the following points in mind and follow these steps to write a good term paper:
1. Read your teacher’s instructions thoroughly and make sure you understand them; in case you have any kind of confusion, ask the teacher immediately. Do not hold this on to the next day or the days after it….
The marriage is considered to be the combination of two lives for passing the Life span with mutual interest. According to an other saying Husband and the wife are considered the wheels of vehicle if any one of them faces problems; the other will likely suffer the same.
There are two types of marriages prevalent in the world. The First one is Love marriage and the other one is arranged marriage. In western countries mostly the love marriages are preferred over the arranged marriages because they have open society norms. But in Eastern Countries mostly the marriages are arranged by the parents of the boys and girls. The nature and problems of the marriages vary from the type of society….
While writing research papers you often ask yourself
Students usually face problem while writing a research paper because they do not know how to write a research paper. If you also do not know how to write a research paper, don’t worry and consider the following guidelines to know about writing a research paper:
1. As is evident from the name “research paper” that you will need to do a lot of research for the research area of your research paper. Always try to select a topic that is of your interest so that you may like the process during which you are conducting your research.
2. For writing a good research paper, assemble all the details in one place and also keep in consideration your research strategy. If you are doing quantitative research, you have to get data and information from people’s responses and other ways by which you will come to know about the quantitative reports about your research topic. In case of qualitative research, you have to see the background works of people on the same topic for which you are writing….
How to write an MBA essay is a question that is asked by many students who do not know about writing an MBA essay. Writing an MBA essay is not a difficult task.
You just have to follow the instructions given below to know how to write an MBA essay:
1. Before starting to write an MBA essay, all you have to do is to collect the information needed for that MBA essay.
2. Secondly, you will make a thesis statement that will inform the purpose of your MBA essay in just one sentence. Your thesis statement should be clear and straightforward. The readers should not face any problem while comprehending your thesis statement….